Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Thrifted

My love for getting a good deal is well documented. I rarely pay for anything full price - I always shop the sales at stores I can't really afford full price items (J.Crew, Banana Republic, Ann Taylor), and try to use coupons/codes at stores I can afford to pay full price but try not to (Gap, Old Navy, Loft, Express).

You would think with all of that I would be all for thrifting for clothes...yet I never have. I go to Goodwill and Savers lots, but it's to pick up house items. I went to Goodwill specifically to buy a frame for a print I bought down town, and wandered into the clothing section...and found this blazer waiting for me. It's more of a cardigan blazer and I'm positive it previously belonged to someone's sweet grandmother but with a snip of the scissors to remove the shoulder pads, it became the newest member of my closet. I also found an old leather purse whose straps I  removed to make an awesome new clutch.

All for less than $10! What took me so long?!

Blazer: Thrifted {similar? haha}
Shirt: Buckle
Jeans: Urban Outfitters  {exact}
Necklace: Present  {save, spend, splurge}
Watch: Boccia  {similar}
Shoes: Simply Vera Vera Wang {save, spend, splurge}


Do you thrift a lot of clothes? Any tips for a newbie?


Linking up with wiww and harper's happenings