Tuesday, November 27, 2012

double the layers, half the frump

how to layer a button up under a sweater

A few weeks ago I mentioned that I was having a problem with getting my life figured out layering shirts. I couldn't get the button down/sweater look  to work without my entire torso turning into one big blob. Bri suggested I try layering a tank top in between the two layers to help smooth out the button up. Duh. This is why I blog - so I can complain and you guys can teach me how to dress myself. I wear these tanks exclusively, and they do just the trick for this little trick ;) I've also heard great things about these, so it may be worth checking out!

DSC00775

Sweater: J. Crew Factory  {exact}
Button-up: J. Crew  {similar}
Jeans: American Eagle  {exact}
Watch: Fossil  {similar}
Shoes: Tory Burch  {exact}
Nails: seen here

DSC00776