Sunday, December 9, 2012

gift wrapped

DSC01045
I really liked last week's manicure but the thing that gets me with glitter nail polish is how horrible it is to remove it. If you follow me on facebook you will have seen that I tried out the aluminum foil technique and I'm so mad that I never tried it before because it worked so well! For those of you who don't know about it, you put a cotton swab with nail polish remover on your nail, cover your finger tip with aluminum foil, wait ~3 minutes and it all wipes off clean. No scrubbing, no swearing (in my case usually) involved! 

After soaking my fingers in nail polish remover and then buffing all of my nails, my fingers needed a little rehab, so I used the Julep Glycolic Hand Scrub and then Julep's Glow on Age Defying Hand Brightner* that Julep provided me with as a part of their Holiday Products Campaign. The scrub helped remove any last pieces stuck on my nails, and the hand lotion definitely moisturized my hands in this dry air. If you are looking for something to get you through the winter, I highly recommend it!

DSC01050
So a few weeks ago one of my favorite nail blogs Nailed It featured these little nail sequin things called glequins and after finding out you can buy 12 color pots for $6 (including shipping!), I went ahead and ordered some. They took a while to get to me (they come from China) but now I'm so excited to play around with them! Instead of covering an entire nail (or all 10...), I used them to make a little bow on my middle finger. It's like a gift wrapped present on my finger nails :)






DSC01058
Glequins: Born Pretty
Tape: Nail Striping Tape via eBay




Linking up with the Nail Files, Mani Monday, and Merry Manicures.














*Julep provided me with the hand scrub and lotion. I was not paid for this post. All opinions are my own.

30 comments:

  1. Fran!!!!!! This manicure is so absolutely amazing I don't even know what to say. Stunning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy :) I'm pretty proud of this one - definitely in my top 5 that I've done

      Delete
  2. This is just too cute. I so wish I was creative and talented enough to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loveee your manicure posts. This is so cute for the holidays

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this manicure is beautiful! So simple yet so inventive. LOVE it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of my favorite nails that you have done

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your nails look professionally done! So cute. And great polish removal tip- I occasionally wear shellac and soak them to remove the polish which dries my skin out horribly. Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I almost said "you're the Mozart of nail art!" and then I realized that I meant Michaelangelo or some artist instead. So just know that I'm jealous of your Jedi nail talents and that my brain is fried and this meme probably explains this whole comment.


    Samantha @ Sam ipsa loquitur

    ReplyDelete
  8. One day when you are sleeping I'm going to come over and steal your nails and then glue them to my fingers. Watch out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, how much time did that take you?! It looks amazing!!

    -AJ
    FitTravelerAJ.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, the prep and polishing usually takes me like 20 minutes. the glequins and striping tape took like 5-10 minutes? It looks more complicated than it really is ;)

      Delete
  10. They are beautiful :D I think my fingers also need some manicure :)

    Aree With Umbrella

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just ordered the nail tape and the nail glitter!! So, thank you ;)

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am going to have to copy this color scheme because it perfectly captures the glam of the holiday season. Love the bow detailing too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay, so are these your nails are the ones from that website??? Regardless....so freaking adorable!!! Love it. And thanks for the tip about removing glitter from your nails. I would have never thought of that!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super super cute!! I need to figure out my mani for this weekend - so many holiday parties!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooooooh I really love this!!!!!!! So so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous! So you hand placed those bow sequins? I'm going to take your pic to my nail shop this weekend to see if they can replicate for my holiday party :) Do you remember if the nail tape takes forever to ship?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, they are handplaced. I used a toothpick to place them so it was pretty easy. the nail tape does take a while to ship (mine took like 2 weeks maybe?) but many nail salons already have them so it's worth checking out!

      Delete
    2. I'll bet you're lying about the placing being easy. But maybe not for you, you have ninja nail skills. Nail tape is ordered :)

      Delete
  17. Stunning!! I love it!! I'm loving this link up!! So much inspiration!!

    xo,

    Ange

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so pretty! I can't even imagine the time and patience that went into placing the bow - it looks fantastic!

    -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  19. i am buying that nail tape right now! thanks for the link. just found your blog, and i'm loving your style! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is perfection. I need that striping tape! x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing and chatting with you guys, so please make sure you aren't a "No Reply" commenter (that means your email address isn't shown when you leave a comment so I can't email you back!).