Sunday, December 9, 2012

gift wrapped

DSC01045
I really liked last week's manicure but the thing that gets me with glitter nail polish is how horrible it is to remove it. If you follow me on facebook you will have seen that I tried out the aluminum foil technique and I'm so mad that I never tried it before because it worked so well! For those of you who don't know about it, you put a cotton swab with nail polish remover on your nail, cover your finger tip with aluminum foil, wait ~3 minutes and it all wipes off clean. No scrubbing, no swearing (in my case usually) involved! 

After soaking my fingers in nail polish remover and then buffing all of my nails, my fingers needed a little rehab, so I used the Julep Glycolic Hand Scrub and then Julep's Glow on Age Defying Hand Brightner* that Julep provided me with as a part of their Holiday Products Campaign. The scrub helped remove any last pieces stuck on my nails, and the hand lotion definitely moisturized my hands in this dry air. If you are looking for something to get you through the winter, I highly recommend it!

DSC01050
So a few weeks ago one of my favorite nail blogs Nailed It featured these little nail sequin things called glequins and after finding out you can buy 12 color pots for $6 (including shipping!), I went ahead and ordered some. They took a while to get to me (they come from China) but now I'm so excited to play around with them! Instead of covering an entire nail (or all 10...), I used them to make a little bow on my middle finger. It's like a gift wrapped present on my finger nails :)






DSC01058
Glequins: Born Pretty
Tape: Nail Striping Tape via eBay




Linking up with the Nail Files, Mani Monday, and Merry Manicures.














*Julep provided me with the hand scrub and lotion. I was not paid for this post. All opinions are my own.