Monday, December 31, 2012

like a diamond

DSC01543
Happy New Year's Eve! We're being awesome and staying in to eat homemade tiramisu and watch movies instead of going out, so I wore my sparkles to work instead. I've been wanting to try the sparkly tank/collared shirt/blazer look ever since I pinned this look when I first joined Pinterest. I was double inspired when Jessica instagrammed a dressing room picture with a similar look. Although I've had this tank for over a year, I've only worn it a few select times because really, how often can you get away with a sequin covered torso?















DSC01560
I just received this polka dot popover from J. Crew Factory and I'm really excited about it - I think it'll quickly become a favorite in my closet. I ordered it in 2 different sizes and have decided to keep the large. If you are interested, I also have a medium and would be willing to sell it to you for the price I paid ($32 which includes shipping). It is currently $48.50 online. If not, I'll return it back to our nearest factory store but thought I would put it out there since it's currently $20 more expensive than what I got it for. Just send me an email at fhasselhof (at) gmail (dot) com if you're interested!  Sold!













DSC01545
Blazer: J. Crew  {exact}
Popover: J. Crew Factory  {exact}
Tank: Express  {save, splurge}
Jeans: American Eagle  {similar}
Shoes: Tory Burch  {exact}
Bead Necklace: Wal-Mart  {similar}
Gem Necklace: Forever 21  {similar}
Watch: Fossil  {very similar}
Nails: seen here


















via Instagram

















DSC01561
Happy New Year! Can't wait to see what 2013 brings for all of us :). Linking up with the pleated poppy.