Tuesday, December 25, 2012

sandy toes

DSC01420
Merry Christmas y'all (I'm in the South, I'm allowed to say that now). I hope Santa brought you everything you wished for and more! My family didn't do a gift exchange this year as we are on vacation together instead, so let me live vicariously through you - what was your favorite present this year?





















DSC_0115
We've been doing more of the same down here - lounging, playing board games, tanning when the sun is out, going on bike rides and walking along the beach.







DSC01431
Why did no one tell me sooner how versatile a mustard cardigan is?! I have seriously worn it every day we've been here.

Cardigan: Thrifted {similar} 
Tee: H&M  {similar}
Shorts: Aeropostale  {similar}
Sunglasses: Ray Bans  {exact}
Toe Nails: OPI My Throne for a Cranberry Scone
Dirty Hair: c/o laziness


















DSC_0108












DSC01383
Cardigan: thrifted (told you)
Tank: Old Navy  {similar}
Purse: via Boston Store
Jeans: American Eagle {exact on sale}
Sandles: Sam Edelman via AE  {similar}

























DSC01397
I made Chris ride the girly bike. The boy bike matched my outfit better....










DSC01402













DSC01416

DSC_0224
We even did a little swimming and boogie boarding. The water was ....chilly.











DSC01370











DSC_0291
Various locations around the world that are special to our family, and how far away/what direction they are.



























DSC_0284
Fireworks and monopoly rounded out our Christmas Eve. The weather the rest of the week is looking promising, so hopefully I will return to Wisconsin with just a little bit of color.



linking up with wiww and because shanna said so.


18 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you! You are doing it right!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas from the snowy north!! Love the mustard sweater, and the fact that you rode the bike that matched your outfit ;-)

    -AJ
    FitTravelerAJ.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. right now that looks like a dream! san diego has been mighty chilly for socal this winter and i'm glad you got to escape the snow (while i'm craving more of it!) this vaca looks like it was much-needed and much-deserved! so fun and adorable and i like the moments you captured in photos (waves lapping up towards your feet). merry christmas, fran!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made Christ ride the girly bike?... = )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aaaahahaha. THANK YOU. but afterall, it is chrisTmas ;)

      Delete
  5. merry christmas! i think this year my favorite gift is my new macbook :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas! I love that your family decided to vacation together, it is such a great idea. Picking a favorite gift is hard, but I think the gift I will wear the most is a silver cuff bracelet that my grandmother picked out from a local store with pieces made by local artists. The fact that I probably won't see anyone else wearing the same cuff is pretty neat. =)

    Avec Amber

    ReplyDelete
  7. A family vacation sounds like so much fun! One of my favorites this year was a new pair of boots! But I also got a book with a secret compartment cut into it, that was pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I love the slightly nautical feel of the cardigan with navy and white stripes. Looks like you're having a blast!

    Alison
    www.getyourprettyon.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. merry christmas, it looks like you are having a fantastic vacation & holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like so much fun, I've always wanted to spend christmas on the beach! Love your outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes! I love my new mustard cardigan too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow the weather must have been great to go swimming! I love the yellow sweater, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the idea of the family vacay for Christmas! I also love the signpost with special locations on it--how cute! Have lots of fun in the sun and sand :)
    -XOXO-
    Libby at http://libbysoutlook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a nice idea for a family holiday!

    -Emily
    www.herphilly.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. So.fun!! I love the biking pics and that sign post is gorgeous with all of the bright colors - love living vicariously through your vacation pics :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing and chatting with you guys, so please make sure you aren't a "No Reply" commenter (that means your email address isn't shown when you leave a comment so I can't email you back!).