Wednesday, February 20, 2013

not disqusing

Thank you everyone for your feedback about installing Disqus on my blog. You guys had a lot of interesting insight - many of you like the ability to receive notifications when someone responds to your comment, but many said that Disqus either spam-lists not spam comments, takes too long to load, or doesn't load at all (especially on iPads).

The majority has spoken so I'm not going to install Disqus. Although I like that you would receive an email for every replied comment, I don't want certain people not be able to comment. I do often want to reply directly to your comments though, so please make sure you aren't a no-reply commenter (it's really really easy to fix that - see instructions here). You won't receive a notification if I reply in line (on the actual blog post) but I can email you directly.

Thank you for taking the time to help me make this decision. You guys are the reason I keep up this silly hobby :)