Monday, February 11, 2013

this ol' thing?

olive dress, dark cardigan
Last week Jessica from Here & Now (did you read her Behind the Blog?) wrote about how she often buys a new dress for every occasion instead of trying to re-wear the dresses for different events. I can totally relate because I too have a closet full of dresses that have only been worn once. Since the occasion to wear them are few and far between, I always use it an excuse to buy a new dress. I got this dress last year for my friends Kayla and Craig's wedding, but haven't worn it since. I figured that Kimmie's "Oh, This Old Thing?" link-up would be the perfect opportunity to re-wear it. It may not be the oldest thing in my closet (I think that "honor" goes to my tan belt that I think is from Aeropostale...but that hasn't been verified), but it is something that hasn't been out of my closet more than once. Make sure you link up with her and see what everyone else dug up!








Nicole boots
Can we talk about my new boots? I know, quick turn around. When I was on my way to the UPS store to ship the rubber leather boots back, I decided to stop by at DSW. These boots were the first thing I tried on, and even though I paid full DSW price for them, I'm really excited about them. They remind me a lot of these Frye boots, but for a third of the price. I forgot how much I hate breaking in boots (my poor toes), but I think they'll be perfect in just a few wears.
















DSC02520
Dress: Banana Republic  {save | splurge}
Cardigan: Old Navy  {similar}
Tights: Target  {exact}
Boots: Nicole via DSW  {exact}
Scarf: Scarf Obsession giveaway win from SOML
Necklace: locally made
Watch: Kate Spade  {exact}




ugh, my hair looks terrible! I promise it was cute before I had to wear a hairnet for an hour and then stood in what seemed like a wind tunnel for these pictures.










DSC02538























tights
Tights for TOPIO. Oh man, really breaking the creativity bank. I tried to wear the dress as a shirt but there was just too much material. hmph.






also linking up with Style Showcase!