Tuesday, May 7, 2013

fittings and failings

DSC05310 
and we're back... and with my new coral blazer! This is the second time I've worn this blazer in the last three days, except this time it was for a more appropriate occasion. I initially wore it Saturday night for dinner with Chris but he asked me if I was going out for a job interview so um, memo to self: buy sexier date night clothes. 

But for work, it is very much appropriate. Like I've mentioned, I love the color, and flexible fabric and fit. My only issue with the blazer is that it isn't very fitted in the waist, which may because I was debating between sizes and  decided to size up. It fits well in the shoulders though which is the most important issue for me. While I've been dabbling in altering my own clothes (I slimmed the sides of both this polka dot popover and my chambray popover recently), I do not trust myself at all with the blazer. I think it'll be worth the ~$20 to have a tailor slim the sides for me so it looks more like this.

DSC05338
DSC05311
Blouse: J.Crew Factory [exact]
Jeans: Joe's Jeans [same style]
Necklace: gift from my mom [save | splurge]
Watch: Kate Spade [exact]
Shoes: Tory Burch [exact]
Nails: Essie Fifth Avenue & Julep Oscar
DSC05313
And for BEDIM: the thing I'm most afraid of. This is pretty easy for me to answer: failing. 

I'm not very used to failing because once I set my mind to something, I get it done. Starting medical school will be like a whole new world for me - the dedication needed to not only complete, but to do well, is something I have yet to experience. I'm terrified that I won't be able to handle it - the coursework, the new lifestyle, the lack of free time, the new roommate, the newly long distance relationship. I'm so afraid that I won't be able to handle it all as well as I want to but in the end, I don't have a choice in the matter. I have to not fail.
DSC05341
P.S. Congrats to Denial Renae Nichols for winning Tea & Sequins' $50 Gap Giftcard Giveaway. Be on the lookout for an email from us!