Wednesday, May 8, 2013

perfection pressure

DSC05386 
I almost always take my pictures before work, except today when my battery died after one picture because my camera had somehow turned on in my purse and drained the battery. After work, my co-worker Emily came over so we could make the bouquets for her wedding (we made them like this!) so I again coerced her into taking my pictures. The problem with taking pictures at the end of a work day is that clothes don't really look as nice as they do 45 minutes after putting them on in the morning. I suppose the point of my blog is to show what a girl who works under a lab coat all day looks like, and so this is it, wrinkled pants and flat hair and all. 

I do feel a sense of pressure from myself, and just the blogging world as a whole, to be more put together. I wish I could be so effortlessly beautiful, just swipe on some red lipstick in the morning and go, but I feel lipstick draws attention to my small mouth and chubby cheeks. I wish I could wear heels to work and therefore on my blog because wearing flats all the time means stumpy legs are a constant issue when I take pictures of my outfits. I wish I didn't take 30 pictures just to find one that I feel okay with putting on here. There are a lot of things I wish were different, but I think the biggest thing I've learned from blogging my outfits is that it's okay that it's not perfect. Personally, I read blogs because I like to see what real women out there are actually wearing to work and in life. If I wanted to see fake perfection, I'll crack open a magazine. Seeing what woman wear on the job, or while raising a family is more inspiring than anything I've read in Glamour.

So I guess my piece of advice is to accept your so call "imperfections" because it may be what people like the most about you.
DSC05379
DSC05388
Blouse: H&M [similar]
Pants: The Limited [similar]
Necklace: Forever 21 [exact]
Watch: Kate Spade [exact]
Belt: Old Navy [similar]
Shoes: Sam Edelman via Nordstrom Rack [exact]

DSC05383
DSC05380