Thursday, May 30, 2013

poser

DSC06218 
As you guys (may) know, I take my own pictures for this little outfit blog. Overall, I don't mind doing it myself. I can take 50 pictures within 2 minutes and not have anyone judge me that it takes 50 pictures for me to find 4 that I find acceptable. I can go to a different location if I don't like the one I'm in, and I don't have anyone groan at me when I ask them to take my pictures out in public.

The awkward part for me is the posing, I think. If someone else is taking your pictures, you can at least pretend it's impromptu and if someone happens to walk by, you can just pretend you are a tourist. If someone catches you taking your own pictures, then you're just the weirdo in the middle of the street taking pictures of yourself. When someone else takes your pictures, you can give the camera all these cutesy looks because chances are you like the person behind the camera so it comes naturally...but truthfully I feel so silly doing that because I don't love my tripod all that much (not as much as I like my boyfriend anyway). On top of that, I don't really know how I'm supposed to stand taking these silly pictures. I have like three "poses" I do - hands on hip or pocket, looking down at ground, or staring off to the side - so versatile, so not a model. 

I hope you guys aren't too bored with me though :/  I can always do more twee poses if you prefer...

If you're looking for advice for your own selfie adventures though, I really enjoyed Megan's post on this a few months ago (her go-to poses are a lot cuter). 
DSC06254 DSC06234
Shirt: Gap [exact]
Cardigan: Target, thrifted
Jeans: American Eagle [exact]
Necklace: gift from Kimmie
Watch: Kate Spade [exact]
Shoes: Gap [save | splurge]
Nails: Essie Lapiz of Luxury
Ring: Jewelmint via a giveaway from Bedknobs & Baubles 
DSC06236

P.S. Congrats to Sabrina Alley for winning the WCIS giveaway - Bri will email you!