Tuesday, June 11, 2013

four

DSC06695 
I accidentally matched my glasses today.

This morning I wasn't really feeling getting dressed, and as I longingly stared at my new shorts, I reached for the most comfortable pair of jeans I own (which is why you see them all the time...) and this simple top. I bought this shirt at the Banana Republic Factory store a few months ago, but have only worn it once since then because it had this weird bell sleeve going on which I knew I could fix myself. I borrowed my mom's sewing machine a few weeks ago and cut those suckers off to make normal sleeves. And because I can't help but combine black, white, and red (see below), I figured this would be as good of a time as any to wear my new prescription glasses from GlassesUSA.com.

Although I could wear contacts, I mostly choose not to. I think I look better in glasses as they balance out my chubby cheeks and my smaller eyes, and I honestly just feel a bit naked without them....I even go to push them up when I'm not wearing glasses. I have a really great pair of glasses that my aunt, an optometrist in Germany, made for me last November, but it's always nice to have a bit of variation. I was excited when GlassesUSA offered to send me a pair to test out. It took me a while to decide which eyeglasses to get (see some choices here) because they have quite the selection, but the try on view with your own picture made it a bit easier. I like that the pair I chose are black from the front, but then have red sides. I used to wear all red glasses, so this was kind of a throwback for me. I think they frame my face nicely, and were fairly inexpensive. If I could change one thing, it would have been to upgrade the lenses to the anti-reflective kind. If you are interested in mixing up your glasses routine, you can use the virtual mirror below to buy glasses and use the code BLOG10 to get 10% off your order.


DSC06692
DSC06715
Shirt: Banana Republic Factory [similar]
Jeans: American Eagle [exact]
Glasses: c/o GlassesUSA [exact]
Shoes: Old Navy [cute save | WANT]
Watch: Fossil [similar]
Belt: The Limited
DSC06677
DSC06718
Black and White and Red all over:
1 | 2 | 3 | 4

P.S. Virtual hugs for everyone who clicks on the little heart :)