Wednesday, July 10, 2013

#frandoesbubbletea and other adventures

DSC07765
Kimmie, Fran, Bri, Katrina, Lindsay
After shopping Sunday afternoon, Bri and I headed out to the international district to have dinner at Tamarind Tree with a few Seattle bloggers - Kimmie of course from Blue Paper Lanterns, Katrina from The Demure Muse, and Lindsay from Lindsay Living. I've been following all of their blogs for some time now, and meeting them was one of my biggest hopes when I started planning my trip. Dinner was delicious - we all had some sort of noodle dish (mine was a beef noodle) which all came in huge bowls and were so good. I had a great time getting to know the girls - we discussed our lives, blogs, jobs, and just had a great time bonding over the strangeness that is blogging. 
DSC07771
DSC07768

Afterwards, once everyone discovered that bubble tea was a foreign thing to me, we hunted down the nearest location. I was honestly a bit nervous about the whole experience - what flavor do I get? why are there balls in my drink? how do I get my straw in there? how do I not choke on the sticky balls? Bri made sure to document the whole experience here, and Katrina started a fun little hashtag #frandoesubbletea as a play on my current #frandoesunemployement. Turns out...I really like bubble tea.

I really did have such a wonderful time with these ladies. Kimmie and I have been internet friends for quite some time so I was so happy to spend real time with her. She's one of those girls that you just want to have them like you, ya know? She's just so dang pretty in real life, and so sweet. Katrina is exactly how she is on her blog - tall, thin, GORGEOUS, flawless skin, and brilliant in real life. Seriously, this girl is stunning and smart - if she wasn't so nice, it would be super intimidating. Lindsay has the teacher charm - she's very reassuring and comforting, and so easy to talk to. Plus her hair is amazing and I wish I knew how to get such volume. I really wish that I lived here just so I could see everyone more often.
DSC07800
After dinner and #bubbletea, Bri drove us quickly up to Kerry Park to catch the last of the light. What a view from up there. Can you imagine having this be your view from your front window every day? 
DSC07784
Shirt: Banana Republic Outlet [similar and cuter]
Jeans: Madewell [exact]
Necklace: Vera Moda Germany
Shoes: Tory Burch [exact]
Lipstick: Too Faced So Berry Sexy [exact]
DSC07804
I'm the Space Needle!
DSC07815
^^ this girl has been the best thing that ever happened to this trip. see her amazing outfit here.

P.S. Remember how last month I won $100 from the Chippmunk contest? Well they are having another one so make sure you sign up, and if you are feeling generous, vote for me here :) Let me know if you do participate so I can send lots of clicks your way!


Linking up with the pleated poppy!