Wednesday, July 24, 2013

here, there, everywhere

Top: Nordstrom Rack
Jeans: Madewell [exact]
Necklace: Forever 21 [similar]
Shoes: Target [exact]
Purse: Coach [current style]

ahhhh! life has been pretty crazy the last few days! 

On Friday at 4 AM, I piled into my stuffed car with the dogs and drove the ten hours to my new home. The drive was fairly dull and uneventful, but went by fairly quickly thanks to the Mad Men episodes I listened to. We got here and within two hours, I managed to lock myself out of our house, and then I twisted my ankle while walking the dogs, so needless to say I was not in the greatest of moods. After a shower (without a shower curtain) and sleeping on the floor for the night, I drove a rented U-Haul two hours away to go buy furniture at Ikea. I never ever want to drive that big of a vehicle ever again! Horrifying. But I did manage to find all the furniture I wanted - a bed, desk, bookshelf, night stand, desk chair, reading chair, and a coffee table...but when I went to go pay, my card was declined, so with 7% left on my phone battery, I had to call the bank to verify that I, in fact, am not someone else trying to buy a bunch of furniture. So that was a really fun experience as well.

But since then, life has been really good. My roommate came on Saturday, and we've had a lot of fun putting our house together. My room is about 80% of the way there (as you can see by the remaining box and mess above). It all got a bit side tracked when I realized that a vital part of the bed frame was missing, so I had to drive back to Ikea on Monday to pick it up. I really didn't want to drive all the way back there, so I rewarded myself with meatballs at Ikea and a stop at the outlet mall. It was the biggest outlet mall I've ever been to - like I had to drive from one side to the other! I was hoping to find a few dress pants, but everything I tried on at the Banana Republic Factory store, and at the Ann Taylor factory store looked horrible on me. I eventually found and bought this skirt (in a bright blue) at the J.Crew Factory store - I think I may wear it to the first day of school on Friday! I also bought this necklace after admiring it for months on Laura - it'll be a staple for sure!

Yesterday we went to go get our ID badges, get fitted for our white coats, and then I bought a few of the books I need in the first weeks - it made it all feel so real! Last night we had our first get together - a wine and cheese (!) party at a classmate's apartment. The outfit above is what I wore - it's been the only time I've put on a real bra and more make up than mascara since I arrived. I was pretty nervous walking into a room of strangers who I knew I would have to spend a lot of time with the next four years, but everyone was honestly so great. Our school is very popular for out of state kids, so it was interesting to meet people from all over the country. I even found a kid who was in the OSU marching band, so we have seen each other perform even if we didn't know it at the time haha. 

Finally meeting people from my class, having my room set up, and getting to know the people around me has made me really excited about all of what is happening. I felt that in the last few weeks, all of my emotions were put towards the move and the thought of leaving everyone, but now that that is behind me, I can focus on the journey ahead. ahhhhh!!!!