Tuesday, August 13, 2013

roller coaster

DSC08144
Dress: Target
Cardigan: Target, thrifted
Belt: The Limited
Shoes: J.Crew Factory [exact]

Yesterday was somewhat of a roller coaster of emotions - it started off with an exam. Not the greatest start to a Monday. I left it feeling uncertain, but my mood greatly increased when I found out how well it actually went. Then I received my student loan refund, and then found out I had a 4.5 hour window of time in the middle of the day - so much money and so much time!!

Then things went downhill fast when I went to anatomy lab - I'm still pretty cautious and weary around the cadavers. I try really hard not to think of things like "oh, this is the hand that held his probably wife's hand for 50 years" and "here is that part of surgery he had to suffer through" but I still think about it every time I first enter the lab...and then we just probe around in their body. It's the strangest thing. Once we are digging around trying to find certain nerves in the arm I tend to forget those things, but it ends up being so emotionally draining** that all night I'm exhausted, but still somehow need to get caught up. gahhhhh.


at least I liked my outfit today.

DSC08142
P.S. Please tell me this defined 1998 for you as much as it did for me.

** Doesn't that sound ridiculous to all of you who are working with patients? I know I'll be wishing for cadavers instead of "real" lives in a few years! :(

linking up with wiww.