Wednesday, October 2, 2013

review: gap ponte legging jeans

gap ponte legging jeans 
With it finally being fall here (didn't you know? IT'S FALL Y'ALL!), it means that it's time for the two best things about fall - boots and scarves (PSL not included). Last year I wore my boots with jeans all the time, but that's not dress code appropriate at school, so I'm happy to say that I have a new, even more comfortable, alternative.

These ponte knit "legging pants" received rave reviews both from some of you guys, and the online reviews. During a recent 40% off promotion (that happen every other week), I finally ordered them. I decided to go down a size based on some of the reviews, and it's a good thing I did as they definitely run a bit larger. I ordered these in a 10 Regular (usually I buy pants in talls/longs) as I mainly want to wear them with boots, so I wouldn't have cared if they were a bit too short. It seems that they are also a bit longer as I have to fold them over to wear with flats (as seen below). 

The rayon /nylon /spandex fabric is so comfortable and stretchy, which also means that for them not to be baggy you want to size down at least one size. I have been wearing them for about a day straight, with lots of walking around, sitting, and napping (gotta try out all of the positions!) and I have not experienced any sagging around the butt or knees (the two places it's most likely to happen on me). The fabric is much thicker than a regular leggings, but still on the not structured end spectrum of pants. Because they have seams, pockets, and a zipper, they definitely look like pants, but feel like leggings, so they may not be appropriate for every work place. I know that with boots that these will be great for school, but they are very form fitting all the way down the leg, so I don't think I'll wear them with just flats to school. On the other hand, I think these will be a huge staple on weekends just because they are so comfortable, yet are more polished than wearing sweats to Panera for our 10+ hour sessions there.

Now that I have the pants, I can't wait to find the boots! 

Edit: I forgot to mention that these are an online exclusive, which means that they will also have to be returned by mail (but Gap has free returns so that's not that big of a deal)

gap ponte legging jeans, frye paige boots
and for the weekends:
DSC08976
DSC08979
Pants: Gap [exact]
Chambray: Old Navy [similar]
Necklace: gift from Kimmie :)
Boots: Frye [exact]
Flats: Banana Republic [exact]
Belt: H&M Mens