Monday, October 14, 2013

who knows about your blog?

DSC09165 
This was one of those outfits that I didn't really plan ahead on, but it was the day I received the most compliments about my outfit (it must be my awesome "carpet" shoes!). 

It was also the day one of my lab mates (CHRIS - yes, my lab partners name is the same as my boyfriends. Their birthdays are also a day apart. It makes it complicated when I'm talking to my girlfriends) decided it was time to let everyone around us know about my blog. The conversation went like this:

Girl in my class: I really like your shoes Fran!
Chris: YOU CAN GO READ IT ON HER BLOG, IT'S CALLED FRANISH, GO READ IT:
All boys around: YOU HAVE A BLOG?!?!? WHERE IS IT, I WANT TO UPLOAD IT TO REDDIT

It's weird, because he makes a good point about the fact that I don't care if all of you read my blog, but I don't want any one in real life to know about it. I think the big thing is that you guys read because you "get" blogging - outfit inspiration, reading about people's lives, talking about shopping. But to a bunch of medical students it might seem like just about the weirdest thing you can do. I kept blogging a secret from everyone for at least a month after I moved here, and then told some of my closer girlfriends, who think it's awesome (you'll meet them on here in the next few days!), but never intended for it to really get out to others. And especially not to boys! 

If you blog, how many people know about it? Do you tell everyone, or keep it all to yourself as your little secret?

DSC09177
Shirt: Gap [similar for a steal]
Pants: The Limited [exact]
Scarf: Victoria's Secret 
Shoes: Gap [exact | amazing splurge
DSC09168