Thursday, January 23, 2014

not so fun.

DSC09797 
It's been almost a year since I last wore this dress - I don't know how I completely forgot about it hiding in the back of my closet! I went to see how I wore it last, and I realized that I kind of miss the way I used to dress back when I was working instead of being in school. I had more time to think of how I wanted to pair my clothing, and I felt I could get away with a bit more. Not to say that a stretchy striped dress is the most professional piece of clothing I own now, but I tried to tone it down a bit with neutral colors and less layers. 

If you've had to make the transition from "freedom" to restrictions, how did you handle it? 
DSC09809
Dress: Old Navy [save | splurge]
Cardigan: Gap
Tights: Target [exact]
Boots: Franco Sarto via OnlineShoes.com [exact]
Watch: c/o Daniel Wellington [exact]
Scarf: H&M
Ring: Gorjana Griffin [exact]
DSC09794