Wednesday, April 16, 2014

one year ago today: floral pants


Last night I had an interesting conversation on how much difference a year can make. On Monday we wrapped up our neuroanatomy course, and now we are starting with clinical neuro. I was reading some microbiology for the next block, and told a friend how six weeks ago I wouldn't have been able to understand any of the reasoning behind the anatomy, but now it all comes "naturally". I personally don't feel most days that I'm smarter than I was before, but these kind of situations remind me how much we have learned over the past year. He brought how much has changed in the last year, and the difference a year can make both professionally and personally.

Luckily, I have a very clearly documented past about what I've been doing for almost two years, so I went back to see what I was actually doing one year ago. And I was wearing this outfit, which is one of my least favorites I've posted on the blog. The proportions are all wrong, the pants were too big (and still slightly are, even after tailoring the waist), and it all just didn't feel right. This sparked the idea to do a semi-regular "one year ago today" post, where I re-wear something I wore a year ago, but try to improve or find a new way to wear something. First up, these floral pants. I was unsure at the beginning of the school year if I could get away with printed dress pants, but I think as long as I keep the rest simple, it definitely passes the dress code. 

Overall, I'm at a much better place than I was a year ago. Both personally and sartorially ;) 

DSC00191
Pants: Target [save | beautiful splurge]
Blouse: Everlane [exact]
Belt: Everlane [exact]
Shoes: J.Crew Factory [exact]
Bracelet: c/o Color by Amber [exact]
Nails: Essie [exact]
DSC00200
DSC00202
P.S. 500th post! That's crazy.