Monday, May 12, 2014

warm weather >:(

DSC00333 Every year, after super long and frigid winters, nothing is as exciting as finally not having to wear a jacket outside, getting to pull out sandals...and then realizing that I don't own any clothes for warm weather. I'm just not a warm-weather-clothes loving kind of girl - I prefer the layers and the scarves and the boots that come with fall. I think part of that really has to do with my shape - heat and summer are all about non-clingy, swingy, thin strapped, show off as much skin as possible type of clothing, and I just can't do that. I need my heavy-duty bra (how attractive does that sound?!) and something that covers my not so slender arms, and I need something that won't make my thighs rub. So what I really comes down to is...I hate spring. 

I'm sure you could say I worry too much, and this is totally true (just ask those closest to me), but if I don't feel comfortable, I'm just not going to be able to enjoy the nice weather. Could I probably cut down on the delicious cheeseburgers once a week, and instead of napping maybe go on a run, sure, but ten pounds in either direction isn't going to change the fact that I prefer to be more covered up. 

What I do know is that I prefer dresses with some kind of sleeve - something that I can easily throw on, probably belt, and walk out the door. I went to Old Navy last week and tried on a bunch of different dresses in hopes of finding a few inexpensive options, and even though I liked the fit and flare dress I talked about before, it felt it was almost tooooo dressy. After seeing this dress on Merrick, I figured it was worth ordering online since I could return it in the store if I decided against it. I also needed to go buy dog food that day, so I went to Target anyway...and found this dress. Does it solve all of my summer time dressing woes? No, but it's light, has sleeves, and can be dressed up or down, so for one day I won't complain about having nothing to wear.

But just one day. 

DSC00337
Dress: Target [exact]
Necklace: c/o Bauble Bar [exact]
Shoes: Banana Republic [exact]
Belt: H&M
Nails: Essie + OPI