Tuesday, August 26, 2014

it's a jungle out there

J.Crew Diamond Ikat Dress
I first saw this dress in the J.Crew catalog in February, and I remember just falling in love with it. Black, white, patterns, and in a flattering cut? Sign me up...once it goes on sale.

While I fully believe in spending a little more for something you know you'll love and wear, I also find it really hard to pay full price for things, especially for most mall clothes that will have a sale within a week. I kept my eye on it on and off for months, but still couldn't justify $100+ on such a unique dress, no matter how much I would wear it. But when I found it in stores this summer for $50 with the 50% off sales + student discount, I was so happy I had waited. Playing the gambling game doesn't always pay off...but sometimes it does :)
DSC02094
DSC02100
Cardigan: J.Crew Factory 
Belt: Everlane [exact]
Watch: Michael Kors [save for under $50 | exact]
Purse: Kate Spade [save | splurge]
Shoes: Lucky [exact]
Nails: Butter [exact]
DSC02098
DSC02108