Tuesday, August 19, 2014

shake it off: outfit inspiration

shake it off outfit, taylor swift shake it off, black outfit shake it off, outfit in shake it off, taylor swift shoes
top | pants | shoes | lipstick

My roommate and I like to have dance breaks during studying - one of us will need a few minutes of dancing around like crazies, so we turn up our "song", and basically jump all over the house. There's not real dancing involved - just dancing, shaking, and scaring dogs. Basically, everything that Taylor Swift is advocating for in her latest video Shake It Off (which we've already decided is this semester's "song")

While I haven't always been the biggest T. Swift fan, she has won me over the last year or so with her cute clothes - I definitely never look this cute leaving the gym! And so while I love the music in her latest video, her all black outfit has made debate cutting off my hair, buying bright red lipstick (in heatwave), and only wearing black from here on out. My favorite part may be her shoes though - while I think hers are from Zara, these Lucky ones are almost exactly the same.

Which dancing Taylor is your favorite?

14 comments:

  1. I just heard this song for the first time today! I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha what a great post! I LOVE Taylor and I'm so excited for her new album to come out. Shake It Off is such a jam. Also, I'm pretty sure the "gym" was actually a recording studio, or at least, one was right next to the other. Because let's be real, no one really leaves the gym looking like that. ;)

    xo Kimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the EXACT SAME WAY. I was never a huge fan until recently, and this video is the best of the best. I want that haircut. And that lipstick. And those outfits. Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this! she makes me want to cut my hair but i am convinced it would not look good on me. and i cant rock a red lip, but those shoes are cute. i love her awkward dancing so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The song is great. I can't watch the movie video due to the GEMA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Her hair looks amazingggg in this video and I want will join you in the all black attire!

    26 and Not Counting

    ReplyDelete
  7. WE ARE THE SAME!

    i never have been a huge fan but that video is so fun- and she looks amaaaaaazing in that all black number.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have this song on repeat as well and it just makes me want to dance! I love the shoes that you've linked here; a lot of bloggers seem to have the heeled version of this shoe but it's way crazy expensive.

    Another Beautiful Thing

    ReplyDelete
  9. That same outfit has convinced me that I need that haircut too, but I've always adored her and wanted her hair.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This song is definitely a guilty pleasure of mine! Next time I go to my stylist, those are the bangs I'm asking for, since they're exactly what I haven't been able to find yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just heard that song this morning. It's so cute! Definitely a great dancing song!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute post! I love T Swift's style!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So dang cute! I just saw that video the other day and thought the exact same thing although I don't know that I zeroed in on her shoes like you did. Good call!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The song is great but the video is not, it perpetuates racial stereotypes. I didn't expect that from Taylor.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing and chatting with you guys, so please make sure you aren't a "No Reply" commenter (that means your email address isn't shown when you leave a comment so I can't email you back!).