Friday, October 10, 2014

look for less: target edition

I love Target as much as the next girl (basic bitch?) - where else can you get bread, cute ballet flats, and fun stationary? While their clothes don't always work on me, there are some real gems to be found there! Not only are they cute, a lot of items are verrrrrry similar to more expensive items. Here are just a few things I found, plus their pricier counterpart!



original || target version
I have a similar Frye pair (mine are the Paige version) that I've had for three years now, and I love them as much as the day I bought them. They are crrrrrrrrazy expensive though, so the Target version, while still pricey for Target boots, are genuine leather and have the same look for way way less.

original || target version
You guys know how much I love my transport tote. I've been using it for years, and I think it only gets better with age. That said, I got mine during a 30% off sale, and even then it is still really expensive. The Target version looks to be about the same size, and as an added bonus, is also reversible! (and if you are looking for a bag with just a little something extra, this cognac bag is beautiful, and if I wasn't so attached to my current school bag, I would really consider ordering it)

original || target version
There's something about Madewell's dresses that makes me want every single one - but four dresses later, and there would go my entire quarter's budget. The Target version is strikingly similar, and almost a fifth of the price. If any of you have tried this dress on, please let me know what you think! I'm afraid that because it's in juniors that it will be too short on me, but I would love to try it out.

original || target version

While I love the Michael Kors I bought earlier this summer, I have a similar gold version from Target that I love (almost) as much. It's just so sturdy, and held up well over the years since I purchased it. The current teal version is a fun way to add a bit of color to a traditional mens style watch!


And of course I couldn't mention look a likes without mentioning my new favorite scarf. I've worn this scarf every single day since I bought it - it's just so soft and snuggly. I know a couple of you already went out and bought it, but if you haven't, run, don't walk. They seem to be selling out quickly, and for good reason ;)