Tuesday, December 2, 2014

cheaper alternative: the madewell transport tote

cheap alternative to Madewell Transport Tote
I love my Madewell Transport Tote. I bought it a few years ago after falling in deep deep lust with it after seeing it on Kendi, and I haven't regretted my purchase one bit. I got it monogrammed, and I think it really gets better with age (which is good, because I plan on owning it forevvvvveeerrrrr. I really should get a bottom shaper for it...). It comes at a hefty price though, and is often excluded from their sales, so I found a few inexpensive alternatives if you've wanted to try it out but weren't willing to drop that much money on a bag right now. I think the best lookalike is number one - it's reversible, comes with pouch, and looks really close to the original (see it on Audrey here!).

the original: beautiful cognac, monogrammable, timeless

one: comes with a pouch (and 3 other colors!)
two: also comes in a very similar black version
three: has a mini scalloped edge
four: also comes in a beautiful cream color
five: a very close replica (that is also reversible)
six: is vegan, comes in 6 colors, and with a cross body strap!