Friday, December 26, 2014

shopping, party of one

easy shopping outfitI've always heard that the day after Christmas is the best day of the year to go shopping, and so today I'm braving the crowds and going to the mall. I haven't been in a mall by myself in over a year, so I'm excited to just go! I really enjoy shopping by myself, but since we live further away from a bigger mall, I'm always either with my boyfriend or my girlfriends, and I hate making people wait around for me to try anything on so I end up never really getting anything. 

Since we're at my boyfriend's parents house for the week and they live in a bigger city, I have the opportunity to go out by myself! Here are some of the current deals out there, and just a few of the things I'd love to try on. Are you going out today, and are you still recovering from all the Christmas goodies?
  • Banana Republic: up to 50% off 
  • Gap: 35% off online (code: GIFT4ME)
    • I recently got this wireless bra for sleeping (you know, for when you aren't in your own home haha) and it's super cute and soft. I barely even notice it. There are also matching bottoms ;)
    • I've heard that the Eversoft sweaters have a cult-like following - this v-neck sweater comes in several great colors (that red is so pretty!)
  • J.Crew: 30% off full price + 40% off sale items (code: HOLIDAYTIME)
  • Loft: 50% off everything (including some Lou & Grey)
    • This sweater is the perfect mix of comfort and style - wouldn't it look great with leggings and boots?
    • The pattern on this dress isn't actually polka dots. I think it would make a great dress for all seasons, just depends on the accessories! 
    • I highly recommend this blouse that I got last month. I did end up having my tailor take it in on the sides slightly, but now it's one of my favorite blouses. I wore it to CR's grandmothers for Christmas and received several compliments :)
  • Madewell: 30% off sale items + free shipping on all orders (code: FORYOU)

grey sweater over striped tee
DSC06618
Rebecca Minkoff Love Bag
Sweater: Everlane [exact]
Tee: Boden
Pants: c/o Zappos [exact]
Scarf: Banana Republic 
Purse: c/o Shopbop [exact]
Watch: Michael Kors [save | exact]
Bracelet: gift from Lizzi [exact]
Everlane, The Slouchy Cashmere V-Neck