Friday, December 12, 2014

what's red and white and black all over?

easy holiday outfit: white blouse with a plaid skirt Santa coming down the chimney. 

har har.

Thank you, I'll be here all night!

Lamest opener for a blog post ever? Possibly. But if you forced me to choose 3 colors to wear for the rest of my life, I'd be all about being like ol' St. Nick and go with red, black, and white. It's just what I feel most comfortable in now. I remember a few years ago when I was shopping, I would always buy an item in a color that I didn't own a lot of because I thought it would add versatility to my closet. Turns out, it really just added a bunch of clothes in colors I don't really like to wear. Lesson learned.

If you were forced to choose three colors for life, what would you go with? And do you find yourself shopping towards them now, or do you try to add a little bit more variation? I'm still trying to find the balance between sticking to what I'm completely comfortable with, and still keeping it fun.
DSC05813
DSC05829
Daniel Wellington Classic Sheffield Lady
Blouse: ASOS [similar]
Pants: c/o Zappos [exact]
Scarf: Target [exact]
Watch: c/o Daniel Wellington [exact]*
Shoes: Tory Burch [exact]
Nails: Essie [exact]

*use code holiday_franish for 15% off
DSC05746
DSC05847
and because my Target scarf is sometimes hard to find, here are 4 similar ones. Not feeling the plaid? Try this pom pom scarf! I recorded a little video a few months ago about how I wear mine here.
one | two