Tuesday, January 13, 2015

few and far between

tweed blazer and striped shirt
I like my closet full of "boring" staples - dark jeans, striped tees, neutral cardigans - but I love the fun and unexpected pieces. They are few and far between in my closet because I rarely step away from the "basics" comfort zone pieces (what can I say, I'm predictable!), but my old man blazer I got on sale years at H&M is one of my favorites. It's not even that outlandish, or great in quality, but I can't get enough of the pattern, the unexpected masculinity, and the elbow patches. I don't reach for it a ton, but every time I do, I love it just as much as I did when I first bought it.

One of my goals for this year is to find a few more of those pieces - they don't need to cost a lot, or be the "it" item of the year - they just have to be something I love wearing. The first item I'm trying out is this dress from Target  - while I ordered the pattern that I would normally go for (the black and white, obviously), I also ordered the floral version. A little bit unexpected compared to what I normally would buy, but I'm excited to give it a try! 
stripes, tweed, and leather
winter work outfit
Daniel Wellington Classic Sheffield Lady
Blazer: H&M 
Shirt: JcPenneys [similar]
Scarf: H&M [similar]
Pants: Gap [similar]
Boots: Vince Camuto [exact]
Watch: c/o Daniel Wellington [exact]
Bag: Kate Spade [similar]
Nails: Smith + Cult [exact]
Vince Camuto Fabina
DSC07135