Friday, January 2, 2015

stripes, the eternal trend

easy layering: striped top under sweater
My boyfriend thinks that stripes are a trend right now. I think he sees my closet, full of stripes, and then sees striped shirts in stores, and thinks that they are the trendy thing. I'm still trying to convince him that stripes are a classic, not a trend, but you know how boys are ;)

But really, I love a great striped shirt. I think they are so versatile - they can stand on their own, they can be combined with other patterns, or they can be used as a layer to add interest. I've been looking for a white shirt with black stripes, long sleeves, and a longer hem for a long time. I finally found it when I found this tee at Loft a few weeks ago. I'M OBSESSED. It's has the longer rounded hem that makes it perfect for layering. If you've been looking for a simple striped tee, this one is currently on sale for $15 (no code needed). I found that it runs true to size, and I can't stop wearing it. 

Soft Joie Ellie
winter layers: striped tee under a neutral sweater
Loft STRIPED LAYERING TEE
Striped Top: Loft [exact]
Sweater: Soft by Joie c/o Zappos [exact]
Jeans: Uniqlo [exact]
Scarf: H&M [exact]
Watch: Kate Spade [savesame style]
Shoes: Sperry [exact]
Bag: Madewell [save | exact]
neutral layered outfit
DSC06805