Monday, February 9, 2015

bows on my (red) toes

red flats with bows 
one: a soft leather version of the classic ballet flat
two: available in a ton of fun colors/textures
three: a sleek take on the more expensive Ferragamos 
four: a leather shoe for $10 is a win win
five: a flat with just the right amount of cushion
six: a sportier take on the classic ballet flat
seven: possibly the cutest shoes ever
eight: the black trim makes them a bit unique

I bought my pair of red ballet flats from Old Navy for $8 on a total whim almost 3 years ago. I didn't think I would get that much use out of them, but I was trying to branch out and try new things, so red flats seemed like a great place to start. I've worn these shoes countless times since then, and so therefore, it's time to replace and upgrade them. 

I've been such a fan of the Salvatore Ferragamo flats for years. Many of my favorite bloggers, who are all working ladies whose taste and opinion I highly trust, can't stop raving about them (see the teal on Jessica, the red on Adina, the blue on Rachelle, and the nude on Jean). Since I teamed up with Shopbop last fall, I've approached it as an opportunity to add a few pieces to my closet that at this point in my life (ie finances) I couldn't otherwise. I've been hoarding my credits for the last few months, and I'll finally be able to order my own pair at the end of the month. I know that a pair of classic red flats will be a staple in my closet, and so I'm excited to add this beautiful pair to mine.