Tuesday, February 24, 2015

dated

herringbone vest and striped shirt
I feel there are certain very clear blogging trends that emerge every year - things that you see all over Pinterest that may or may not be normal things people wear in real life - and I feel that in 10 years, you'll be able to look at certain outfits and know what year they are from just based on the trendy items in the outfit. 

For example, the herringbone vest is very 2013-2015 (is it bad that I also want the red gingham version? It doesn't help that it's also on sale...). The large oversized scarves (which, side note, I hope never go out of style because I love them) are also a pretty big thing this winter. While I try really hard not to get suckered into every trend out there, sometimes I just can't resist the really good ones - like black and white vests, or scarves that double as blankets at the library. 

So maybe in a few years this will look super dated....but today I like it ;)
herringbone vest
herringbone vest with a striped tee
Tee: J.Crew Factory [exact]
Vest: J.Crew Factory [exact]
Scarf: gift from Steph [similar]
Pants: Gap [similar on sale]
Boots: Vince Camuto [exact on sale]
Watch: Michael Kors [save | exact]*
Nails: Essie [exact - love love love!]

*as I was looking for inexpensive options, I stumbled across this (not inexpensive) watch - how cool is it?! I don't need another watch, but I think this one would make such a fun conversation piece.
FACTORY LONG-SLEEVE STRIPE BOATNECK TEE
what to wear with a herringbone vest