Friday, February 27, 2015

february budget

J.Crew Factory Tee: originally $50 + 50% off = $26
Frye Wedges: originally $227, on sale for $113 + $50 giftcard = $63

February budget: $89   (left for this quarter: $411)

So not exactly a big spending month! You guys know I love cooler weather, but it's been negative degrees here for most of the month, so I've been very anti clothes and pro heating blankets instead. I do really enjoy the two pieces I did buy though. I added a striped shirt to the donate pile and added this one into my closet - it has a lot more structure and just fits me better than the previous shirt did. The wedges were something I've had my eye on for a month, and went my size popped back, I ordered them. I've only had a chance to wear them once, but they feel really great on, and I can really see them getting a ton of wear in the next few months once it warms up.


I was also very lucky to receive the following from my sponsors. I've been saving Shopbop credits for the past three months to buy these shoes - they are even prettier in real life. I put them on every morning just to wear around my bedroom (you can't tell me you haven't done that!), but I won't actually wear them until all of the snow melts. The earrings were also a fun addition to my jewelry collection - I think they are just so cute! I seriously would be an astronaut if I could, but I think these star earrings are probably as close as it's going to get. I also received a free three month prescription to Rocksbox, which you'll see more of in the next couple of posts, but if you've been interested in trying it out, you can get your first month free with code franishxoxo.

So now that spring clothes are something I'm actually allowed to think about a little bit (even though it won't be above 35 degrees for at least another month!). I did order these pants the other day, but since they haven't arrived yet, I don't know if I'll keep them. I do think they'll be a good way to mix it up a bit - I'm so bored with black pants! In addition,  I've wanted a jean jacket for years now, but just never found one I really liked. I swear I probably tried on a hundred when I still had time to go thrift shopping! I do have my eye on a few online, with this one from J.Crew being my favorite. Maybe during the next great sale I'll finally order it (along with this shirt - I love the pipe detailing!).

So that was me - how was February for you guys? I'd love for you to link up below - just please remember to link back to this post so your readers can find other bloggers who share their budgets!