Wednesday, February 18, 2015

try, try again

DSC07636
Do you have clothing in your closet that you consistently don't touch because you had a bad experience with it? I do, and for me it is this dress. In theory, this dress was made for me - black and white, sleeves, polka dot - what's not to love? Well on the two separate occasions I've tried wearing it, I ended up hating it. It came with this horrible slip that fit wrong, and so I have just shied away from it every since. There is nothing wrong with the dress, it's just those two experiences of trying to make it work and having it fail that have left it sitting in the back of my closet since then.

As I'm trying to declutter my closet before I move in May, I've been making an effort to wear some of those less worn items to see if it's me or them. In this situation, it's a me problem, I just didn't have the right undergarments. I purchased one of these slips at Target, and the problem is no longer a problem. Now it just needs to warm up above negative a million so I can wear it with flats and no tights!
DSC07684
CONSTELLATION EAR CRAWLER SET
DSC07722
Dress: Gap [really cute similar]
Scarf: Banana Republic [exact in grey....tempting!]
Belt: Everlane [exact]
Earrings: c/o BaubleBar [exact]
Tights: Target [exact]
Boots: Franco Sarto [exact]
Watch: c/o Daniel Wellington [exact]
Bag: Kate Spade [save option]
DSC07709
DSC07633