Tuesday, March 10, 2015

ten things

shades of blue and cognac you may not know about me [as inspired by Alissa's recent post]

  1. Growing up, my parents insisted I have long hair - it was down to my butt for much of my childhood
  2. I planned on becoming an English teacher in college, until my parents convinced me to give science a try.
  3. I'm a permanent resident, not a citizen, of the US, so I'm not allowed to vote. Everyone always asks me if I'm going eventually become a citizen, and to be honest, I don't really know why I would go through the hassle of it all.
  4. I will always choose a cheeseburger over a piece of cake
  5. ...unless it's tiramisu, and then it's a toss up (but only if it's made by my mom)
  6. I was in the University of Wisconsin Marching Band in college. It sounds super dorky, but it was actually the hardest thing I've ever done, and the most rewarding (so far in life, anyway!). I got to travel all over the country, met some of the coolest people, and I can honestly say those were the happiest years of my life - so far ;)
  7. I became scuba certified in sixth grade, but only have gone a handful of times since then. My sister, dad, uncle, and I went on a scuba trip my junior year of college to Little Cayman and it was by far one of the coolest experiences - we saw a hammerhead shark!
  8. My first car was a '57 Chevy Bel Air. It didn't work when my dad bought it from one of the nurses he worked with, but we spent a year fixing it. It was giant and bright teal and I half loved it and half hated it. We ended up selling it back to that same nurse after I graduated from high school.
  9. I have a small star tattoo on my left wrist. You may have never seen it (although you can in the picture below) because 19 year old me was smart enough to put it somewhere that can easily be covered up, but even so, I plan on having it lasered off when I pay my braces off...
  10. ...I have braces! I did the whole braces thing twice growing up, but it didn't stick. I'm using my blogging income to have a mouth full of straight teeth, once and for all (although they aren't all real - my sister pushed me down a water slide when I was younger, and I broke off one of my front teeth. bitch.)
Your turn! What don't we know about you?
DSC07825
michael kors large runway watch
DSC07823
Blouse: Loft [similar in 5 colors]
Jeans: Madewell [regular | talls on sale]
Scarf: gift from Steph
Belt: Gap [very similar]
Shoes: Frye [exact on sale]
Tote: Madewell [save options below | exact]
Watch: Michael Kors [save | exact]
Bracelet: c/o Rocksbox [use code franishxoxo for 1 free month]
DSC07822
madewell skinny skinny jeans, madewell transport tote
and a few more inexpensive options (almost all under $50). I know several people (including Audrey) who have the first bag who really like it!