Thursday, March 19, 2015

the "new" favorite

periwinkle blouse I know that bloggers tend to say "this is my new favorite shirt/dress/shoe" about any new item, but this shirt is seriously my favorite thing right now. I've worn it three times in the eleven days I've owned it - from a post-exam lunch date to a history and physical practical to a few hours at the library.

I'm in the process of writing a post about how to build a cohesive wardrobe because it's the thing I'm e-mailed about most, and one of my biggest tips is finding out exactly what and why you like something, and then buy similar items. For me, my favorite tops in my closet are all like this one - a simple, long-sleeved, non-collared, shirt that either has pretty details, a fun pattern, or a pretty color like this one. They are simple enough that I can wear multiple accessories with it, and they can be worn in a variety of situations. They are the shirts I reach for again and again, so that's why I'm okay saying that this is a "new favorite", because I know I'll wear it...again and again :)
periwinkle blouse and pendant with jeans
(it was actually 45 degrees this day - but of course the one place with shade for these pictures was the only area with snow!)
DSC08231
periwinkle blouse and green pendant
Blouse: Loft [exact on sale - mine is a tall medium]
Jeans: Madewell [exact]
Necklace: Forever 21 [more options below]
Watch: Michael Kors [save | exact]
Ring: c/o Shopbop [exact]
Shoes: Banana Republic [exact on HUGE sale]
Nails: Essie [exact]
via instagram
loft pocket blouse
I'm all about these longer necklaces right now rather than shorter statement necklaces. While I won't be able to wear them while on rotations, I love how such a simple necklace can make the outfit. Here are a few others currently out there - I just ordered an inexpensive tassel one from Forever 21 and can't wait to receive it!