Friday, April 24, 2015

diamonds are forever

black cotton dress, denim jacket, and red sandals
In a break from the snow (YES SNOW..okay fine, just a few flakes), we had one really nice day this week - it may have only been 50 degrees, but that is nice enough weather in my books to break out the sandals. 

If I had a choice in life, it would be to never have to wear shoes. Since that is not socially acceptable, I do the next best thing and wear as little shoe as possible. Many people seem to be concerned about my feet in the winter because of hussyankles the fact that I wear non-boots for most of the winter. My general winter rule is that if it's not actually snowing, then the ground will be clear enough to wear flats. My summer shoe rule is that the shoes need to be cute, go with a ton of different things (because I generally only own a few pairs of sandals), and they need to be something I can walk in longer-ish distances. 

So that rules out gladiator sandals for me....

But luckily there are so many cute summer shoes currently out that fulfill that criteria! When I was approached to pick out a pair from Nordstrom for the spring, I immediately picked out these half sandal half espadrilles from Louse et Cie. I loved the pattern, that they were a bit unique, and that I could see it going with a bunch of things in my closet. Unfortunately the fit was a no go as I couldn't tighten the ankle enough - luckily, Nordstrom offers free return shipping, which makes online shoe shopping so.much.easier. The second pair I picked out was this sparkly pair from Sole Society and they more than fulfill the summer shoe criteria. The red color is exaclty what I've been looking for, the crystals make them a bit special, and they are very comfortable. I find that they run very true to size, if not a tiny bit small - I'm between a 9 and a 9.5, and ordered it in a 9.5. They also come in black and gold if red isn't your favorite color (and if it isn't your favorite color, I'm afraid we can't be friends).
DSC09760
Women's Jersey Fit & Flare Dresses; Madewell Transport Tote
DSC09698
Dress: Old Navy [exact]
Denim Jacket: Paige c/o Nordstrom [exact sold out | similar for $75]
Sandals: Sole Society c/o Nordstrom [exact]
Bag: Madewell [save | exact]
Watch: Michael Kors [exact 25% off]
DSC09690
Sole Society 'Angelin' Crystal Sandal
DSC09672
Here are a few more options that also fit those same requirements, all under $100. If you're looking for sandals you can walk long distances in, these Clarks are probably your best bet. These rose gold slides are sitting in my cart though - thoughts? 



Disclosure: thank you to ShopStyle for sponsoring this post!