Thursday, June 11, 2015

real life

DSC00520
I wasn't really planning on taking pictures of this outfit because it was nothing at all special - same pants I always wear, probably the oldest shirt in my closet, and the same accessories I wear every. single. day. My hair was a bit limp, and we had to take pictures after work because CR leaves for work three hours before I do, and my tripod hadn't been shipped yet. 

And then I remembered that someone asked me on my survey in April about how I feel about those blogs that pretend are their real life, but clearly are not. Blogs where people say they are going to work, but don't actually have a job anymore (isn't it crazy how much money you can make off of blogging?), or blogs that openly admit they shoot a bunch of outfits in one day, but don't actually wear those clothes in real life. And to be honest, I have a love/hate relationship with those kinds of blogs. I love looking at the pretty clothes with the professional photography with the interesting backgrounds. They serve a purpose, and that purpose is to be beautiful things to look at. But I also hate them, because I feel blogs used to be about real life and somehow have turned into fake life. Even the big blogs that say they are for working women are no longer real - how many working women do you know who wear $1400 skirts, or a new whole c/o outfit every single day, or can wear off the shoulder dresses to work ? I don't know any.

So. These are my real clothes that I wore in real life to my real "job" (that I don't get paid for, but am expected to show up to every day). Not every day can be something pretty and new to show you guys - sometimes it's just going to be a simple outfit and hopefully that's okay too :)
DSC00543
DSC00518
Blouse: H&M [similar]
Pants: The Limited [exact - I really should get a second pair!]
Belt: Gap [similar]
Shoes: Banana Republic [exact on sale]
Tote: Madewell [save | exact]
Watch: Michael Kors [exact]
DSC00558