Tuesday, July 14, 2015

review: ann taylor sleeveless eyelet shirtdress

Popping in with a quick Ann Taylor order review. While Ann Taylor is normally a bit out of my price range, I have found some really cute things in the past few months that I just couldn't resist (most notable being my floral dress). I've done very very little shopping this month, so I was alright with trying a few pricier than normal items out!

The star of the post is this sleeveless eyelet shirtdress. I fell in love with it on Jean, and while we are complete opposites on the size spectrum, this seems to be a magic dress...although it took a few tries to get it right. I'm generally between a size 10-12 in dresses, more 10 than 12. I initally ordered a size 10 tall and a 12. As you can see above, the 12 was much too large on me. The bust was too low, the waist was too wide and low, and the whole dress went about two inches below my knee. The 10 tall fit better, but as it turns out, the dress is already quite long, so the tall made it too long on me. I exchanged them for a size 10, and it fits perfectly. I always have a bit of a problem with the bust area, but that's really nothing a white safety pin can't fix. The fabric hold its shape well, and the 97% cotton (3% spandex) means it's cool and light weight (perfect for traveling!).
This dress is normally $139, but is now on sale for $119 + 50% off if you are interested. I recommend sizing down!


...and this is pretty much how I'm going to wear it the rest of the summer. I'm loving my new Jack Rogers sandals and how they are just the perfect neutral summer sandal. Highly recommend them - I find them to run try to size. 

Anything you've tried on recently? I'd love to hear about any great finds :)