Monday, August 10, 2015

gingham love

gingham dress with cognac accessories
Early last week, I had one of the best days. CR was off on a canoe trip with my dad and his buddies, so I spent the day in Madison. For those of you not familiar with Madison, WI, it's basically the best city in the world. I'm probably biased because I lived there for seven years, but it's seriously the greatest. I always knew I wanted to go to the University of Wisconsin, so my time at the UW, and the couple of years after, will always hold a special place in my heart.

I started my day off by stopping by Loft, "just to look". I don't always have the best luck finding anything in stores, but as I was glancing through the sale section, I found the gingham dress I fell in love months ago, now priced at $50 + 50% off...and the only size left was my own. I was so excited about it that I changed into it in the parking lot! It's now sold out, but this version is very similar, if you are looking for the perfect little gingham dress of your own!

After my dress success, I spent the afternoon studying at the cutest little coffee shop on the square (while consuming a nutella crepe and a flat white...yum!), then met up for drinks with Jessica. We've been following each other's blogs for years now, so it was so great to meet up in person. She was such a delight to be around, and I'm sad that we didn't know each other better when I still lived in the area. For those of you in the Madison area, we went to Gib's Bar on Willy Street - we both had the dark and stormies, which were delicious!

I then met up with one of my college besties, Lizzi. You may remember her from her posts about moving in with her boyfriend. We met in the marching band, and have remained close since our years of wool uniforms. She's one of the smartest (she's an engineer!), kindest, and funniest people I know. She was kind enough to snap a few pictures before we went to eat, and then we continued to spend hours catching up and stuffing our faces with cheesecurds, the true Wisconsin way. 

I miss Madison terribly, but the best part about moving away is getting to come back to visit and seeing all of the highlights :)
http://bit.ly/1G8A3mF
SAM_0125-2
Dress: Loft [similar below]
Bag: Michael Kors c/o Shopbop [exact]
Sandals: Jack Rogers [exact]
Watch: c/o Larsson & Jennings [exact]
Nail Polish: Essie [exact]
SAM_0111-2 SAM_0127-2
one [on sale + 25% off] | two 
three [my favorite] | four