Wednesday, August 19, 2015

profesh

chambray blazer with black shell and pants
This is my third clinical rotation, and with each rotation so far this year, I've had different clothing requirements. On my first rotation, family medicine, I worked in a very casual environment where I had the choice of scrubs or business casual, no white coat. On my second rotation, general surgery, I was in scrubs all day everyday. Now on ENT, where I spend only two mornings in the week in scrubs, I'm in my most professional office setting yet. I wear a white coat every day, which is the first time I've really had to wear it consistently with professional clothing. 

I have found that I wear less layers because of the constant white coat, so last week when I knew I was going to spend half the day in lecture, sans white coat, I broke out my chambray blazer. I paired it with this new top I got a few weeks ago, and it ended up being the perfect outfit for both parts of the day. During lecture I was comfortable in our very high air conditioned library, and then later during the day, I was comfortable with just the top under my white coat. 

Next rotation it'll all change again on OB, and the month after that will be another change...a vacation change ;)
DSC07781
DSC07809
Blazer: Loft [similar]
Top: Loft [exact]
Pants: The Limited [exact]
Necklace: Forever 21 [cute similar]
Shoes: J.Crew Factory [exact on sale]
Watch: c/o Larsson & Jennings [exact]
Bag: Tory Burch c/o Shopbop [exact]
DSC07766
Blazers are the best part of fall (seriously), and some seriously cute ones are currently being rolled out. Blazers are an item I'm always okay spending a little more on, so below are four blazers in several different price ranges. I absolutely love my schoolboy blazers (with a few sizes on major sale), but this new version (in several fun colors) looks just as flattering. 

one | two