Sunday, September 13, 2015

top three [09.13.2015]

stripes, green necklaces, and looking at the ground...some things never change ;)

medicine
  • Dizygotic twins are twins that are formed when two eggs are fertilized by two sperm during the same cycle. Monozygotic twins are formed when a zygote splits into two embryos. Conjoined twins are monozygotic twins that split too late.
  • 6,000 women reach menopause every single day. 
  • My sister Viktoria is a med student in Germany. She has the biggest heart, and is fundraising money to help a young patient she met during her urology rotation. If you have a few extra dollars in your paypal account, and want to find out how you can help, read her latest post about it here (it's at the bottom)

on the internet

spotted

on franish

notable sales

personal
  • This week I got to close my first c-section! I'm lucky that our attendings are such great teachers, and allow us to practice these skills under their watchful eye. Now I just need to work on not being so nervous!
  • This is my last week on OB. I can't believe how fast this rotation has gone by! I spent probably 14 hours at the hospital most days and I would have stayed longer. I have really loved my experience there this month, and am so happy that I am on the service again in March. 
  • The temperatures dropped this weekend and it was amazing. We spent Saturday cuddled up on the couch, watching football, and eating mac and cheese. The best :)