Wednesday, November 18, 2015

prim and proper

blush top with pencil skirt and leopard shoes
I feel this is one of the girlier outfits I've worn in a while - between the blush top and the pencil skirt and pointed flats, this really is about as girly as it gets for me. We're still experiencing pretty warm weather for this time of the year, so I'm staying away from tights as long as possible!

On a different note, I've started my pathology rotation. I haven't done a ton yet because I'm still in the reading phase of everything - they have a ton of articles for me to read, which is great because I haven't thought about a single pathology related fact in six months. I did see a couple of intraoperative assessments though. It was kind of a strange feeling, standing there watching the doctor determine that a sentinel lymph node didn't have any metastasis. His determination changes that patient's entire medical course, and truly, her life. While I don't think that pathology will be my eventual career, I think this month is going to be a really interesting glimpse into a whole other side of medicine. 
DSC00472
med school outfit
what to wear on rotations
Blouse: Banana Republic [cute similar]
Skirt: J.Crew Factory [exact]
Shoes: Madewell [save | slurge]
Necklace: Charlene K via Rocksbox
Bag: Mulberry via eBay [spend | exact]
DSC00486
DSC00455