Monday, December 7, 2015

the "I have nothing to wear" uniform

loft pocket blouse with skirt There are some outfit posts that I'm really excited to share with you guys, and to be honest, it usually involves a new piece of clothing. Blogging can really make you believe you constantly have to show new! exciting! things! all the time. But my blog revolves around my life (instead of the other way around), so many of my outfits don't always have new things to show. 

Mixing and matching what you have is harder than just wearing a new item, but I think for just about all of us, we mix and match the items in our closet way more than we wear new items. I think that's why sometimes we all stand in front of our closets and say we "have nothing to wear", when in reality, we have a ton of clothes, we're just not excited about wearing any of them. On those days, I personally will default to one of my uniforms. On this day, I defaulted to my pencil skirt + blouse (this Loft version is one of my favorites) + pendant necklace uniform. Is it the most exciting thing you have ever seen on this blog? Probably not, but it is my answer to the whiny statement of "I have nothing to wear!".
loft pocket blouse
what to wear to work
Blouse: Loft [same style]
Skirt: J.Crew Factory [exact]
Necklace: Forever 21 [similar for <$20 | more options]
Shoes: J.Crew Factory [exact]
Bag: Mulberry via eBay [save | exact]
Watch: c/o Daniel Wellington [exact]
DSC01196