Thursday, May 2, 2013

fixations

DSC05200 
You guys. Remember how in my April Budget post I said that I had ordered this Gap blazer online because I wanted it in a "tall", and because they were having a 30% already reduced items promotion? Well, it came yesterday and I'M IN LOVE I'M IN LOVE and I don't care who knows it! It is so cute. It's that bright and fun blazer I wanted when I ordered this floral blazer, but it's going to be so much more versatile and actually wearable. I feel so content with this purchase, a feeling I didn't have when I ordered that Zara blazer. I'm really excited to wear it!

Okay, so now about today's actual topic: things that make me uncomfortable. I don't know how much this qualifies, but I'm a person who fixates on repetitive motions or sounds, which annoys me and therefore makes me uncomfortable. Does that make sense? For example: pen clickers. or people who twirl their hair. or foot tappers. or whistlers. or even worse, hummers. I get so distracted by those motions or out of place noises that I just fixate on them and how much I hate it, and I just want to crawl out of my skin. In college there was a girl in my physiology class who always happened to sit in front of me no matter where I sat, and she was a hair twirler. I always had to hold up a notebook to shield my eyes. I would sometimes even "accidentally" kick her chair to see if it would startle her out of the twirling. It never worked.

There you have it, people of the internet. I am a crazy person.
DSC05189
DSC05222
Shirt: Forever 21* [similar]
Cardigan: NY&Co.
Jeans: American Eagle [exact]
Glasses: c/o Firmoo
Necklace: Forever 21 [exact - I'd love the silver too!]
Watch: Target
Shoes: Tory Burch [save | exact]

*This shirt used to have sleeves, but it's also from Forever 21...which means the quality isn't always the most reliable. It lasted a good 6 months but then the sleeves just started to tear on the cuffs. I cut off the sleeves and it's now a great layering shirt :)

Also, this outfit is a direct copy of this pin. I knew it would be the perfect inspiration for the Pantone Color Challenge!