Monday, August 31, 2015

you x modcloth

Peace and Client Dress in Dots
Simply Snuggly Cardigan in Forest
A few weeks ago, I was offered the chance to try out a few new pieces from the new Modcloth label. Coincidentally, I was already eyeing a few of the pieces anyway, so it was perfect timing! The designs are adorable - just enough whimsy to make them special, but still appropriate for every day life. 

I chose the Peace and Client dress to wear to CR's cousin's wedding last week, and it was perfect for a family wedding. It's stretchy, flattering, and with a small stitch put in, appropriate for a night of dancing with parents and cousins. Bonus: it has pockets! I got so many compliments on it that I may just wear it for the next wedding we are going to. 

During last week's fall preview (it was in the 60's for most of the week!), the snuggly cardigan in forest was perfect to keep me comfortable while reading outside at a coffee shop. The fabric is thick and soft, but doesn't feel heavy like some other open cardigans I've tried. I went with the green version of the cardigan because it's CR's favorite color, but they also have a red version that would be super cute during the holidays. 

Simply Snuggly Cardigan in Forest
Peace and Client Dress in Dots
Peace and Client Dress in Dots
DSC08569
outfit one
Dress: c/o Modcloth [exact - I'm wearing a large]
Belt: Gap [very similar]
Shoes: Banana Republic [exact]
Necklace: c/o Rocksbox [use code franishxoxo for 1 free month]

outfit two
Sweater: c/o Modcloth [exact]
Tee: Everlane [exact]
Jeans: Uniqlo [exact]
Shoes: Sperry [exact]
Purse: Madewell [save | exact]

DSC08584
DSC08350
DSC08322
DSC08583
Below are some of my picks from the new Modcloth collection. I've always wanted a bright and cheery skirt, so maybe this yellow one will have to be future purchase. Which of the following is your favorite? 
one | two | three | four
nine | ten | eleven | twelve

Disclosure: thank you to ShopStyle for sponsoring this post!