Wednesday, January 30, 2013

all i wanna do is

Metallic Polka Dots + Red Sweater + Skinny Jeans
A few weeks ago the Midwest Prep wrote a post about what she's learned about layering, and she mentioned that she finds it easiest to wear a silky/thin shirt under a thicker sweater - you may not even have to wear a tank in between! I wanted to try this (obviously) but it wasn't until I saw Bri's post about layering her thin metallic polka dot shirt under a sweater that I kind of remembered that I wanted to try it.

So here I am...trying it. It works pretty well so if you aren't too keen on the tank in between trick, try a thin button up under a thicker sweater.



Also, I apologize for the ish quality of these pictures. This was moments before it started to basically hail, so good lighting was not on my side. Spring, feel free to join us at any time!




Metallic Polka Dots + Red Sweater + Skinny Jeans 4



























Metallic Polka Dots + Red Sweater + Skinny Jeans 3
Sweater: Gap, thrifted  {save / splurge}
Button-up: Forever 21  {exact}
Jeans: American Eagle  {exact on sale}
Shoes: Tory Burch  {exact}
Necklace: H&M  {similar}
Watch: c/o Daniel Wellington  {exact}



















Metallic Polka Dots + Red Sweater + Skinny Jeans 2

























via instagram.




also, all the cool kids are on vine so so am I. find me under fhasselhof. expect lots of videos of my dogs.