Wednesday, September 10, 2014

tweedy

DSC02513
I've been looking for a dark tweed skirt for the better part of the last year. Who know something so simple was seemingly so hard to find? I thought I finally found "the one" when I found this skirt from Ann Taylor. It was everything I was looking for - (what I thought was) black, thicker, long enough. I waited and waited for it to be included in a sale, and so when the Labor Day sales finally included it, I quickly ordered it (along with this simple but flattering striped top). It arrived, and I spent the better part of twenty minutes trying to convince myself that I loved it. While dark, it turns out it's actually navy, and while I like navy, I know that especially come tights time, I wouldn't wear it because I have a navy/black aversion. I also found the fit a bit off - it was too tight in my thighs but too loose around the waist. I still tried to convince myself that I liked it (and I got it for such a good deal!) to the point that we took pictures of it - you can see it here. It wasn't until I saw the pictures that I really was like "yeahhhhhhnooooooo" - you can't completely tell in that picture, but it hardcore pulls across my thighs.

So back it goes, and the search continues. I did see this beautiful (black!) skirt at Banana Republic, but it's one of those "BR picks" which I'm pretty sure is just BR's way of not putting all their good clothes on sale. They sometimes have their "picks" go on sale though, so I'll just have to wait for that to happen.

Until tights time rolls around though, my pink tweed skirt will serve me well, even if I always go a little matchy matchy with it :)
DSC02439pearl bib necklace striped shirt
Top: Loft [pricey similar]
Skirt: Banana Republic [save | splurge]
Necklace: Forever 21 [really dang cute similar]
Watch: c/o Daniel Wellington [exact]
Ring: DIY [tutorial here]
Shoes: J.Crew Factory [exact]
asymmetrical pearl ring
DSC02523