Tuesday, November 24, 2015

beauty tuesday: becca shimmering skin perfector

BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector

I first learned about the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector from Grace - she raved about the product one of her friends introduced her to, and after seeing her skin in real life, I was convinced I needed to try it too. I'm not a stranger to using a highlighter, although I never found one I really loved. I have the Hourglass Ambient Powder, but having dry skin, I didn't really like adding another powder. I was excited to try a liquid highlighter to "strobe" my skin! I purchased a full sized bottle of it in moonstone during the recent VIB sale

What it promises:
Achieve a subtle luminosity. This formula features ultrafine light-reflecting pearls that melt into your skin for polished, natural-looking radiance. Water-light and sheer, it has a prismatic effect that allows it to adjust in any light, so your refined glow is never lost. 

How to use it:
This is the last step in my make-up routine. I squirt the tiniest amount possible on my hand, use my Urban Decay blurring brush, dab on cheekbones, and blend blend blend. Here's a quick video of how I do it! I know others also use it under the blush, but I prefer to add that dewiness as a last step. 

What I like:
It 100% lives up to its promise of a subtle luminosity. This isn't really a shimmer like we used years ago, it's just adding that little bit of dewiness and brightness to my face. It helps cancel out the flatness my face has from the powder, and really just gives that little bit of glow. My face is currently dealing with adjusting to the new weather, and so anything to help freshen up my face is very much appreciated. I am very pleased with the results from this product!

I went with the full sized product when I purchased it, but the great thing is that it also comes in a "travel" size that would seriously last so long (as you use so little of the product), if you are interested but don't want to drop $40 on a product right away.

What I don't like:
It may because I've only used it a handful of times, but I always feel I squirt out just a little too much every time. Other than of course the price, I have no other complaints.

Would I buy this again?
Theoretically, yes. But I really can't see myself getting through this bottle any time soon, since you use smaller than a pea size every time. If I ever run out, I think I'd definitely buy another bottle of the Becca skin perfector
BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector review

P.S. Today is the last day for the Amika dry shampoo giveaway!