Wednesday, March 13, 2013

hunters, chambray, and cowls

DSC03604
During my February budget post I mentioned that Sam and I were going to Chicago together and that I planned on purchasing a few items as a part of my tax return that I was allowing myself to spend. Well, some asshat stole her wallet the day before we were supposed to go, so our trip fell through. I was determined to get rain boots though, so I went to a local shoe store to figure out what size to order.

I realized that due to marching band calves (no for real, that's a thing), the traditional rain boots were not going to fit me properly - the tightness around the calf made them awkwardly squish down in the middle. I then debated between getting the Huntress which has a thicker shaft all the way down, and the originals with an adjustable back. I ended up deciding to get the adjustable ones as I think they create a nicer line (as much of a nice line as rain boots can make) as I have relatively slim ankles compared to my calves. 
DSC03602
I'm really happy that I finally have a nice pair of rain boots as the last 2 pairs from Target tore within weeks. I even took the pups on an extra long walk after work so we could splash in all of the puddles!




and don't worry, I didn't wear these all day at work ;)













DSC03621
In a chambray popover update, Ellie mentioned to me on this post that J.Crew Factory has a similar version to the J.Crew version for about half of the price. J.Crew Factory is currently running a 30% off sale (with code STYLESCORE ) so the shirt is around $35 now! I put in my order this morning - I'm hoping it's "the one". As soon as it comes I plan on doing a post about all the different versions out there.







DSC03581
Sweater: Gap  [similar]
Jeans: Urban Outfitters  [exact]
Boots: Hunter  [exact]
Belt: Old Navy
Watch: Kate Spade  [exact]
Glasses: c/o Firmoo
Earrings: Tiffany & Co.  [exact]



















DSC03614
I highly recommend everyone to go out and buy a cowlneck/turtle neck sweater. You can spend all day like this and no one can question it.